Sweater Weather | A Sweater For Every Body Type
Tis the season for ugly sweater parties, but that’s no excuse to let your sweater weather fashion fall short. No matter your body shape or size, there are sweaters that are sure to make a statement by enhancing areas you love about your body…without drawing attention to the one’s you don’t. It’s just about figuring out your particular shape & shopping for clothing that will compliment it. Here are a couple easy steps in determining whether you’re a beauty in the form of a pear, apple, ruler, or even hourglass, along with a few stunning sweaters that are sure to flatter your figure!
- When shopping, always look for pieces that will create balance by drawing more attention to your waist, neckline, and shoulders
- Off the shoulder, shoulder-less, and detailed shoulders even out proportions
- Choose sweaters that end right at your waist
- Wear lighter colored tops against darker bottoms
- Avoid high necklines
- Don’t wear sweaters that cover your derriere as they will just add volume and draw attention
- Add a belt! This is the perfect way to create a slimmer more defined waist in under a minute!
- Shop for deeper necklines to help lengthen your torso
- Pick sweaters that fully cover your midsection; you can even get away with sweaters that are longer
- Wear bottoms that show off and draw attention to your legs
- Avoid high neck lines
- Don’t pick sweaters that hug to tight
- Unlike some of the other shapes you can easily pull off bulky pieces, so chunky sweaters are a must!
- Patterned sweaters or wraps are flattering on your figure
- Choose sweaters with an embellished chest to add volume
- Layering a scarf is another stylish way to enhance your chest
- Longer sweaters and wraps can give you an even longer leaner look
- Wear sweaters that are too tight
- Don’t pair loose sweaters with loose bottoms; go for skinny jeans or leggings
- Don’t hide everything: pick a feature (arms, chest, legs) and show it off
- Wrap sweaters are your best friend in keeping that well defined waist
- Adding a belt can also help sinch in that waist and highlight your curves
- Lightweight fabrics
- Sweaters or wraps with details below the bust line are flattering on your shape
- Don’t pick sweaters that are too baggy or too tight!! This will just hide your curves!