Fleming’s Steakhouse Speakeasy
During the days of prohibition, women and men of style gathered in exclusive clubs to drink, dance and mingle. A password was your ticket to an evening of decadence and fun, coining the phrase “speakeasy”.
I’ve attended roaring twenties themed parties before, but nothing prepared me for the authentic speakeasy experience at Fleming’s Steakhouse this past weekend.
Upon arriving at one of our favorite dinner spots, Fleming’s Steakhouse, the hostess summoned a “cigarette girl” who motioned us out of the restaurant and to a secret entrance located on the side of the building where we were asked for our speakeasy password.
First on the list was a “Lillet Rose Champagne Cobbler” made of Lillet Rose, wine and strawberries. This was followed with a pairing of cocktails with an amazing menu comprised of:
- Spiced shrimp arancini with roasted red pepper sauce paired with champagne cobbler
- Scallop carpaccio, grapefruit chilled vodka marinade with milagro silver cilantro collins
- Beef carpaccio salad alongside a black peppercorn and arugula gimlet
- Porcini crusted filet with gorgonzola cream paired with a heavy New York sour
- Flourless chocolate cake and a nitecap
My favorite #FlemingsSpeakeasy cocktail was the Black Peppercorn and Arugula Gimlet. This was my first time learning that a proper Gimlet requires one huge ice cube (recipe below).
Fleming’s Black Peppercorn & Arugula Gimlet with Hendrick’s
- 2 parts Hendrick’s Gin
- 3/4 parts black peppercorn simple syrup
- 3/4 parts fresh lime juice
- handful fresh arugula leaves
- Combine ingredients and shake well
- double strain over a large cube of ice in an old fashioned glass
- garnish with half a strawberry
The Black Peppercorn & Arugula Gimlet was perfectly paired with a Beef Carpaccio Salad that would knock your fishnet stockings off.
If you followed along on Twitter or Instagram, then you know how much “over the top” fun the guests had at the Fleming’s Speakeasy dinner. I can’t think of a better date night experience. If you missed the fun on #Flemingsspeakeasy, here are some highlights:
For more information about Fleming’s events, visit:
Fleming‘s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar Offers Caymus Wine and Prime Burger for Only $25