Sunday Family Dinner
This recipe from Recipe Rehab for Bistro Beef Tenderloin is the perfect meal for Sunday Easter dinner. Although it’s a fantastic dinner-party dish, leftovers the next day are pure heaven. Trim off any visible silver skin, the translucent, tough membrane lying along the outside curve of the tenderloin.
Bistro Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 3 pounds beef, tenderloin steaks – trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 2/3 cup herbs, mixed, fresh – (such as chives, parsley, chervil, tarragon, thyme)
- 2 tablespoons mustard, Dijon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Tie kitchen string around tenderloin in three places so it doesn’t flatten while roasting. Rub the tenderloin with oil; pat on salt and pepper. Place in a large roasting pan.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the tenderloin registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare, about 45 minutes, turning two or three times during roasting to ensure even cooking. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest for 10 minutes. Remove the string.
- Place herbs on a large plate. Coat the tenderloin evenly with mustard; then roll in the herbs, pressing gently to adhere. Slice and serve.
Yields: 12 servings
Calories: 185 per serving
Fat: 9 g per serving
Sat Fat: 3 g per serving