My friend, Melly, calls them “Take II” dinners. I call it “reincarnating the leftover”. Meaning that leftover chicken from our Lemon & Milk Braised Chicken can be reincarnated into something delicious like Lemon Basil Chicken Bake.
If you don’t have leftover cooked chicken, you can purchase cooked chopped chicken from most stores. Fresh and Easy has package cooked chicken near the deli meats and Albertson’s carries it near the produce and deli section.
Springtime is when my basil begins to bloom and I fill a bowl in my kitchen with beautiful lemons. That makes this family dinner recipe one of my favorites for the month.
Lemon Basil Chicken Bake Recipe
- milk- 1 cup
- butter- 2 tablespoons
- bread crumbs
- Cook pasta in salted water until tender then drain and return pasta to pan
- Heat oven to 375⁰
- Add to pasta: chicken, juice squeezed from lemon, basil, milk and Asiago cheese or cheese blend; mix
- Transfer pasta mixture to oven-safe casserole or baking dish
- Melt butter in bowl in microwave
- Add Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs to melted butter and mix well
- Using hands sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the top of pasta
- Bake until pasta begins to brown on top, approximately 15-20 minutes