“What’s a “BB” Cream?” I remember asking. Named for “blemish and beauty”, the BB Cream was created to include sunscreen providing slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. It seems like I had been trying out BB Creams from brands like Laura Mercier, Garnier and Victoria’s Secret for only a week before the CC Cream hit the shelves.
What’s a CC Cream?
The CC Cream named for “color and complexion” now promises women more coverage with the same benefits of moisturizer and sunscreen as found in the BB Cream.
Beauty companies seem to be making their way through the alphabet by creating products to meet the needs of women wanting to protect their skin from the damaging sun while still looking youthful. And it’s perfect for summer with its “skin is in” trend.
Personally, I love BB Creams for the dewey look it gives my face, although coverage is a big issue. Garnier BB Cream simply didn’t offer this 40-year old face enough coverage, while Laura Mercier’s BB cream was a better fit for me.
So, this summer try some BB or CC Cream with some very light eye makeup, a peachy blush and a bold pop of color on the lips. Here’s our Staff Picks!
1. Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream ($42 smashbox.com or Ulta)
2. Lorac CC Cream ($28 loraccosmetics.com or Ulta (Free CC Cream Deluxe Sample with any $25 Lorac purchase this week!)
3. Rachel K CC Cream ($39 rachelkcosmetics.com)
4. Clinique CC Cream ($35 clinique.com or Macy’s)
5. Olay CC Cream ($21 drugstore)