Lorax Family Dinner Makeover
March 2nd is the 109th birthday anniversary of Dr. Seuss. Local elementary school kids have been celebrating Nevada Reading Week in school. You can celebrate at home with this simple pasta dinner makeover from local blogger, Toni Spilsbury.
Lorax Pasta Dinner Recipe:
- Cavatappi Pasta- 1 lb
- Food coloring- Wilton or Duff’s Electric Pink, Orange and Yellow (found at Michael’s or Walmart)
- steam-ready broccoli florets- 8 oz.
- steam-ready asparagus tips- 8 oz.
- Alfredo sauce- 1 jar
- Fill pasta pan with water and add 4-5 drops of food coloring (one color at a time) and a teaspoon of salt; mix well
- Bring to boil
- Add one-third of pasta and boil in salted water until tender
- Repeat steps 1-3 for additional two colors
- Steam broccoli and asparagus
- Transfer pasta to serving bowl and top with steamed broccoli and asparagus
- Combine blue food coloring and Alfredo sauce to mix well, then drizzle over the top of pasta to create a river
More Dr. Seuss Fun:
Check out these adorable Truffula Tree Cupcakes inspired by Dr. Seuss’ the Lorax:
Have A Fun Family Recipe?
RECESS wants to hear from you! Become a Contributing Blogger or Featured Blogger. You don’t have to be a professional writer to have a voice.
Leave your comment below, or email us your response or submission below for consideration as Featured or Syndicated Content.