Family Dinner Recipes
Our easy dinner idea of the week comes from local food blogger, Toni Spilsbury of The Organized Cook. Spring Penne is simple to make and the perfect Springtime family dinner.
Spring Penne Recipe
- penne pasta- 1lb
- asparagus- 1lb, trimmed and diced into 1-inch pieces
- mushrooms, sliced- 8 oz.
- sundried tomatoes- 1 small 7 oz. jar
- marscapone cheese, 8 oz.
- pecorino cheese- 8oz. (you can also Parmesan)
- Boil pasta in salted water until tender
- Heat a few tablespoons oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat (or, if your sundried tomatoes are in oil, use that)
- Add diced asparagus,mushrooms and sundried tomatoes and sauté until tender
- Add both Marscapone and Pecorino cheese; stir until melted
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water, and transfer to a serving bowl (you can dip a glass measuring cup into cooking pasta water before draining to reserve)
- Add pasta water back to pasta in serving bowl
- Pour cheese and vegetable mixture over pasta
Have A Recipe To Share?
RECESS wants to hear from you! Become a Contributing Blogger or Featured Blogger. You don’t have to be a professional writer to have a voice.
Leave your comment below, or email us your response or submission below for consideration as Featured or Syndicated Content.