Thanksgiving in July – 3 Great Turkey Day Inspired Recipes
Who says you can’t have a Thanksgiving meal all year round? Well, preparing a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie and all the other typical Thanksgiving day dishes can be daunting, especially when it’s hot outside and the last thing you want to do is keep your oven operating all day long. Target’s A Bullseye View offers a brilliant way to have Turkey Day inspired meals that are perfect for summer. An added bonus: all the ingredients can be found at Target. Gobble gobble!
Cheddar Bacon Turkey Burger
20 oz. lean ground turkey
1 cup Market Pantry Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 strips fully cooked turkey bacon, chopped
4 hamburger buns
Toppings: barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato
1. Mix turkey, cheese and bacon in medium bowl. Form into 4 patties, 3/4-inch thick each.
2. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet on medium heat, and add patties. Cook about 5 minutes, until brown on bottom; turn over. Cook 5 to 6 minutes longer until fully cooked.
3. Serve on buns with desired toppings.
Harvest Sweet Potato Fries
1 (20-oz.) pkg. Market Pantry Sweet Potato Fries
½ (10.5-oz.) pkg. Market Pantry Mini Marshmallows
1 cup Market Pantry Chopped Pecans
1 cup Market Pantry Dried Cranberries
1. Heat oven to 400⁰F. Bake fries as directed on package.
2. Immediately sprinkle fries with marshmallows, pecans and cranberries.
3. Return to oven. Bake 5 minutes longer until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Apple Pie Shakes
1 1/2 cups Market Pantry Apple Cider or Spiced Apple Cider
1/2 cups Market Pantry Vanilla Ice Cream
1 small apple, peeled and quartered
1/2 tsp. Market Pantry Cinnamon
Market Pantry Dairy Whipped Topping
Market Pantry Vanilla Wafers
1. Combine cider, ice cream, apple and cinnamon in blender.
2. Blend on high 30-60 seconds until smooth.
3. Pour into glasses. Garnish with whipped topping, additional cinnamon and wafers.
What’s your favorite holiday meal you wish you can eat all year around? Tell us your thoughts.