We posted some fabulous recipes this week and we saved the best for Friday: Summer Sangria. What better way to start of the weekend! This delicious homemade cocktail recipe is from the Organized Cook and the ladies of Recess have all sampled (and absolutely love) this lovely concoction of rum, wine and fruit.
- 3 Lemons – sliced
- 3 Limes – sliced
- 1 Cup of Mint Leaves
- A Simple Red Table Wine (This Mom Wines recommends Apothic Red)
- A Fun Bacardi Rum flavor like Limon, Orange or Peach Red
- 2 Cups of Fruit Juice – (your choice, like cranberry or apple)
- It’s best to make the sangria 2-3 days in advance and store someplace cool like a refrigerator or sitting in a tub of ice.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Let it chill for a couple of days.
- After chilling for a few days, do a taste test. If it’s too strong, add more fruit juice. That’s the great thing about sangria, you simply keep adding to it until it’s perfect. Oh, and if anyone tells you to put sugar in your homemade sangria, don’t do it! Sugar is a great way to ruin a perfectly delicious sangria.