Last week, Recess shared Farmers’ Market Melon & Herb Salad featuring Carapelli’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Today, we have another delicious recipe from Carapelli’s: Advocado, Beet & Olive Oil Salsa. Perfect for entertaining or a great addition to a Mexican dish, Avocado Beet & Olive Oil Salsa can be served with chips or added to tacos. Yum!
Avocado, Beet & Olive Oil Salsa
- ¼ cup Carapelli Premium 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for coating
- 1 avocado
- ½ lime zest and juice
- ½ cup roasted red beets, peeled and juice reserved
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup charred green chilies (like hatch, pablano or jalepeno)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, beet juice, and Carapelli Premium 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Toss the avocado with lime zest and juice, and a gratuitous sprinkling of salt.
- Combine all the ingredients, and toss and taste for seasoning.
For more delicious recipes, please visit Carapelli’s website.