Recess has a great recipe that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Chorizo con Papas Tacos, featuring Carapelli’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, is an interesting twist on the popular Mexican breakfast dish, Huevos Rancheros, as this recipe also consists of eggs and tortillas. Your taste buds will be shouting “olé”!
Chorizo con Papas Tacos
- 1/3 cup Carapelli Olive Oil
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes split and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 6 oz piece chorizo, out of the casing
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mexican oregano
- 2 eggs
- corn tortillas
- Bring a 6-quart saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until just tender, about 6–8 minutes. Drain well and set aside for later.
- Heat the Carapelli Olive Oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the potatoes until golden brown, and remove from the pan.
- Add onion and chili and sauté until translucent and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Can you smell that? It’s the sweet smell of taco-night success. Add the chorizo, paprika, salt, pepper, and oregano and cook for a minute. Add the crispy potatoes back and cook, tossing everything together.
- Remove chorizo and potatoes from heat and serve over warmed corn tortillas. In the same pan with the rich chorizo-flavored oil, lightly fry two eggs sunny-side up and serve over tacos.
For more delicious recipes from Carapelli’s, please visit their website.