Paying homage to Throwback Thursday, Recess is serving up a classic dish: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. Straight from the kitchen of The Organized Cook, this meal, which encompasses both comfort and nostalgia, will definitely take you back to your childhood. What’s also great about this recipe is that it’s homemade (Recess loves that) and it’s super easy to make. Double bonus! So put on that retro apron, get your Peggy Sue on and let’s make chicken pot pie for dinner.
Puff pastry sheets – 2, thawed (I use Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry)
Boneless skinless chicken breasts- 1 1/2 lbs (2 trimmed breasts), diced
Frozen mixed vegetables – 1 bag like birds eye classic mixed vegetables
Cream of chicken soup – 1 15oz. can
milk- ½ cup
- Heat oven to 350º
- Saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until cooked (unless using cooked chicken)
- Add vegetables, soup and milk, mix well
- Place 1 pastry sheet one the bottom of a greased round cake pan or square baking dish using fingers to press pastry to bottom and sides
- Add chicken mixture on top of pastry sheet
- Top with second pastry sheet using fingers to mold sides
- Bake until golden brown for approximately 35 minutes
What is your favorite classic recipe? Share with us!