Fresh & Easy Holiday Entertaining Recipe Contest Winner: Lemon Curd and Berry Trifle
The ladies of RECESS wanted to know what our Las Vegas bloggers were dishing up this holiday season. Since Fresh & Easy is one of our favorite places to shop for holiday entertaining, we decided to propose a challenge. Our fellow bloggers were to submit a holiday recipe using a Fresh & Easy product. The recipe needed to be simple, delicious and perfect for entertaining.
And the winner is …..
….. Lemon Curd and Berry Trifle submitted by Samantha Vickers, Founder of Your Golden Ticket Blog! Not only does Samantha’s recipe meet all three criteria, it’s sure to impress and make your guests think you spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Won’t they be fooled! No baking or complicated preparation is required – – even your kids can help you make this delicious holiday treat.
- 2 (8oz) container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (14 oz) jar lemon curd
- Fresh & Easy Angel Food Cake, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 2-4 (6oz) containers of fresh berries, washed
- In a large bowl mix both cartons of cool whip and the full jar of lemon curd till smooth.
- Place 1/3 of the lemon curd mixture evenly in the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Top with 1/3 of the berries.
- Evenly sprinkle half of the cubed angel food cake on top of the berries.
- Repeat for second layer.
- Finish trifle with a layer of lemon curd spread evenly on top and arrange remaining berries as desired.
- Serve well chilled.