It’s Spring, so that means asparagus is in season and you’re likely to find this seasonal favorite on sale at most stores.
This recipe for Asparagus Brie Soup is a favorite for my family and it’s simple to make.
Asparagus Brie Soup Recipe
- asparagus- 1 1/2 lbs, trimmed
- butter- 3 tablespoons
- flour- 2 tablespoons
- chicken broth- 1 15oz. can or 2 cups
- heavy cream- 1 cup
- brie cheese- 7 oz.
- saute asparagus in butter until tender, approximately 3 minutes
- add flour and saute until flour mixes with butter to make a roux
- add broth and cream; bring to a boil
- transfer asparagus with fluid to blender and blend until asparagus is completely mixed in with fluid to form soup, but do not over-blend
- return soup to pan and bring back to boil
- add brie cheese and mix until melted, approximately 2 minutes