Twists on Classic Brunch Cocktails
Beer in cocktails? That’s just crazy talk….or is it? Well, you’d be surprised just how well the two work deliciously together. Use Bohemia beer in cocktails like a Mimosa or a Bloody Mary and not only will your tastebuds be happy, but you’ll never look at beer the same way again.
Boasting wine-like texture, slight carbonation and soft fruit aromas, Bohemia beer blends harmoniously with fruit juices, making it perfect for Sunday brunch. Check out these two twists on classic recipes, which incorporate Bohemia, considered one of the finest beers in the world.
The Bohemia Mimosa replaces champagne, as used in the traditional recipe, with Bohemia beer.
· ¾ cup (1/2 bottle) Bohemia Beer, very cold
· ½ cup (4 ounces) fresh squeezed orange juice, very cold
· Orange slices for garnish
· Pour beer into a wine glass. Top with orange juice.
· Stir gently.
· Garnish with a small orange slice.
Bohemia Bloody Maria
Bohemia Bloody Maria is a new twist on the old-fashioned tomato juice cocktail that combines Bohemia beer and tequila.
· 1 cut lime
· 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
· 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
· 4 ½ cups Bloody Maria Mix (see recipe below)
· 3 bottles Bohemia beer
· ¾ cup (6 ounces) tequila
· Lime wedges, cherry tomatoes, pickled jalapeno slices and cubed cheese for garnish
• To make the Bloody Maria mix, combine all ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
• To make Bohemia Bloody Marias, rub the rim of 6 tall beverage glasses with cut lime.
• Combine the kosher salt and cracked black pepper and spread out on a flat plat.
• Rub the rim of the 6 glasses into the salt and pepper mix so the entire rim is lined with salt and pepper. Flip right side up.
• Pour 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of tequila into each glass.
• Next, pour in ¾ cup of beer and ¾ cup of the Bloody Maria mix into each glass.
• Mix the drinks well with a spoon.
• To garnish, place a lime wedge on the edge of each glass and skewer a cherry tomato, cube of cheese and pickled jalapeno slice and place in glass.
Bloody Maria Mix Makes 4 ½ cups
• 1 quart tomato juice
• 2 scallions, roughly chopped
• 1 serrano, stemmed, roughly chopped
• 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1 whole lime)
• 1 teaspoon salt
My husband and his friends are huge fans of Cerveza Preparada using Bohemia beer. This drink is delicious when eating Mexican food but can be consumed as a brunch cocktail as well.
In a large, salted glass or mug, add 3 ounces of Clamato (preferred), V8 or tomato juice over ice. Add a dash of your favorite hot sauce, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and a bunch of ground pepper (you may want to add more or less of these three ingredients, depending on how you want it to taste). Fill glass with Bohemia beer and garnish with lime or celery stick (both if you’re feeling crazy).
For an extra kick or two, substitute with Picante Clamato or Spicy V8 and rim the glass in Tajin seasoning (preferred) or chilli powder instead of salt.