Cinco De Mayo is less than a week away and many of us celebrate this fun and festive Mexican holiday. Recess is putting together some of our favorite Mexican dishes and recipes this week so if you’re planning to stay in this weekend, you can make your own delicious Cinco De Mayo meals and snacks for your family and friends.
When I think of Mexican food, I think of the one of the best appetizers known to man: tortilla chips served with salsa, bean dip, and/or guacamole. Sometimes that can be a meal in itself, you know what I mean? The Organized Cook has a fabulous recipe for homemade guacamole. Impress your guests with not only a yummy snack but also one you made with your own two hands!
- avocados, ripe- 3-4
- cilantro- 1 fresh bundle, ripped from stems and chopped
- orange- one half
- lime- 1
- Pico de Gallo- 7 oz. or 1 cup (combination of tomatoes, onions and peppers)
- salt- 1-2 teaspoons
- scoop avocado from skin and mash
- add cilantro
- squeeze in juice from orange and lime
- add pico de gallo
- season with salt to taste
Click here for a photo tutorial on how to make the Organized Cook’s Homemade Guacamole.