A Great Mother’s Day Recipe Idea: Coffee Cake That’s “Berry” Good
Here is another fantastic recipe from the Organized Cook that would be a great Mother’s Day recipe idea, coffee cake that’s “Berry” Good. Many moms love coffee so why not make a delicious coffee cake to go along with her much needed cup of joe. This “berry” good coffee cake will be a hit with not just mom but the entire family as well.
Berry Good Coffee Cake
- 4 tbspns butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup sugar mixed with 1/4 cup cinnamon
- refrigerated buttermilk biscuits- 2 canisters
- frozen berries, like blueberries and/or strawberries- 16 oz.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, or juice squeezed from 2 lemons
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- grease a bundt-cake pan with butter
- pour frozen berries into bundt-cake pan
- slice biscuits in half
- dip each biscuit piece into lemon juice then roll in cinnamon-sugar before placing in pan on top of the berries
- once pan is full of biscuit pieces, press down to firm
- bake until cooked thoroughly, approximately 45-50 minutes