Browsing the "Community" Category →

As the premier online Las Vegas woman’s magazine, RECESS provides a community to learn and share about community in Southern Nevada through independent contributors and bloggers.

When you think of decking the halls, you may think of the stereotypical East coast cliches that you see in all of your favorite holiday movies. Small Towns. Snow. Cold. But here in Las Vegas,...

Read More →

Local business gets into the holiday spirit with their glamorous charity event. Glamsquad 702 Events Inc. will welcome the season with holiday hair, makeup, event planning and decorating services which will benefit S.A.F.E. House starting...

Read More →
waiting for the arrival of Santa at Town Square

Santa Arrives at Town Square

November 16, 2013 | 0 Comments

The kids and I sipped hot cocoa from the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and listened to Christmas carolers with thousands of fellow Las Vegans while waiting for the arrival of Santa at Town Square...

Read More →

Many are looking for ways to send help in the wake of the devastation wrought by Typhoon Haiyan My family is one of the lucky ones.  I didn’t get a chance to speak to my...

Read More →
3 Trendy Las Vegas Neighborhoods

3 Trendy Las Vegas Neighborhoods

November 5, 2013 | 1 Comments

By Tali Wee of Zillow Las Vegas is the renowned entertainment capital of the world. It is also home to more than 1.3 million locals and a vast array of vibrant, trendy and family-friendly neighborhoods....

Read More →
Fall Food Drives in Las Vegas

Fall Food Drives in Las Vegas

November 4, 2013 | 0 Comments

The reduction in SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition and Assistance Program) benefits couldn’t come at a worse time. With the holidays looming and families whose budgets are already stretched thin, some were relying on SNAP to get...

Read More →

Halloween Night Events in Las Vegas

October 29, 2013 | 0 Comments

Remember Halloween nights when you were a kid? Mine were filled with the doorbell ringing, neighborhood kids in their costumes and It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown playing on the TV.  Of course I did...

Read More →

Fresh food and fresh air is the experience at the Gilcrease Orchard.  Sixty acres of  agricultural land in the Las Vegas Valley offer a diverse choice of fruits and vegetables that you can select and pick yourself.-...

Read More →

Recess is in the pink. I have to admit that pink is one of my favorite colors because it’s so girly and yes…I’m a “girly” girl. Pink also happens to be the official color symbolizing...

Read More →

The ladies of RECESS hit the town Saturday night for some well-deserved fun. The theme of the night was “PINK”! The folks at Blue Martini know how to put on a great event, and Saturday...

Read More →