Browsing the "Community" Category →

As the premier online Las Vegas woman’s magazine, RECESS provides a community to learn and share about community in Southern Nevada through independent contributors and bloggers.

“My son has a baseball game” are words that I didn’t think I would ever be able to say. Nevada Blind Children’s Foundation has changed that, however, for myself and many other Southern Nevada parents...

Read More →
Teriyaki Madness

Teriyaki Madness – Fresh Asian Grill

October 21, 2013 | 0 Comments

I experienced the madness and will definitely go back for more. Since this busy mom of three is trying her best to get fit, it’s always nice to find a restaurant that has healthy eating...

Read More →
Moms In Business Conference

Moms In Business Know How To Multiply Money

October 18, 2013 | 0 Comments

Moms In Business…. from “cute” to crafty. In recognition of Moms In Business Week, the ladies of RECESS recently attended the Moms In Business Multiply Your Money Conference hosted by the InNEVation Center.  Richelle Shaw...

Read More →
Fall Events Vegas

Fall Family Fun in Vegas 2013

October 17, 2013 | 1 Comments

Where To Go With Family This Fall Signs of Fall are all around. Southern Nevada boasts the most favorable temperatures during October making it the perfect time experience the best that Vegas has to offer...

Read More →

Las Vegas native and business owner, Jon Carmichael, is one of a handful of finalists competing to become the Chief World Explorer by Jauntaroo, a global travel firm. Narrowed down from thousands of submissions, Carmichael...

Read More →

Since it’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month, many local businesses and charities are doing what they can in order to raise money or attention to help fight this devastating disease affecting women. The dancers of Crazy...

Read More →
Breast Cancer Awareness Month in Las Vegas

Breast Cancer Awareness Month in Las Vegas

October 3, 2013 | 1 Comments

October isn’t just about Halloween and cooler weather; it’s also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So, you may be seeing pink among all that black and orange when traveling around town as there are many events...

Read More →

Bullying can affect everyone—those who are bullied, those who bully, and those who witness bullying. Bullying is linked to many negative outcomes including impacts on mental health, substance use, and suicide. – StopBullying.gov Join the...

Read More →

Many of you woke up to the news that Congress had failed to come up with an agreement on a short-term funding bill which means the government is partially shutdown. What was the problem? The...

Read More →

During the month of October, Opportunity Village will be hosting their first annual HallOVeen at the Magical Forest. Local residents are very familiar with the Magical Forest which opens during the Christmas season with its...

Read More →